PAD Site Scripts - Launch your own software downloads site!
'PAD Site Scripts' is a commercial set of PHP scripts for maintaining PAD enabled sites for Windows™ software downloads. It was initially based on PADKit (currently suspended), a free PAD enabled PHP/MySQL shareware download site kit, developed and supported by ASP (Association of Software Professionals). Hovewer, all the existing scripts have been completely rewritten and new scripts/modules added to implement several important features missing in the original source:
- Detailed description, download, screenshot and purchase (if available) pages for each listing,
- Downloads counter and affiliate cookie tracking,
- Featured listings section,
- RSS feeds, OPML feed lists and XML sitemap,
- Ability for site visitors to easily rate and review listings without any need of signing up unneeded accounts but still with powerful protection against spamming,
- Google AdSense integration,
- Skins support (the setup pack already comes with 6 ready-to use skins),
- New submissions confirmation via confirmation link in email message,
- Automatically polling for updates via cron job,
- And many more...
Also in Sysop panel all the existing features have been improved and many new features added, e.g. new submissions management, software rating, affiliate partnership management at 4 most popular software payments services (RegNow, Share-It, eSellerate, Plimus), promotion via featured listings, multiple PADs submission, blacklisting by host names for persisting abusers etc.
'PAD Site Scripts' license includes:
- One time FTP upload and database setup help (if needed),
- Lifetime bug fixes (if found),
- Lifetime free technical support via email.
Note: By purchasing the scripts you get ONLY the permission to use and modify them for your own needs, NOT the authority and rights to sell them to third party customers!
Also you may NOT modify or remove the paragraph referring to scripts source on "About" page. In exchange, we will add a link to your download site at the list of sites running 'PAD Site Scripts' set.
- Domain / subdomain location, NO subdirectories
- UNIX web host (FreeBSD, Linux etc.)
Notice: Scripts SHOULD run under Windows as well if you do not use unsupported features (e.g. cron script to run regular DB updates etc.).
- Apache server with mod_rewrite module enabled
- PHP version 5.3 or higher, precompiled with the following extensions (modules):
curl(functions used in SEO report inclusion only)
gd(functions used to generate an image with security code in PNG format)
mbstring(functions used to convert PAD XML files to appropriate encoding)
zip(functions used to read the ip2country source file when installing)
zlib(functions used to output XML sitemap in gzipped format)
magic_quotes_gpcsetting MUST be turned OFF. On most servers you can change the default PHP settings by uploading a custom php.ini file and specifying its path in .htaccess file using
suPHP_ConfigPathdirective, but before doing so you should better ask your hosting provider if PHP settings can be changed in this way.
safe_modeare not required and can be safely turned off.
- MySQL 4.x/5.x (1 database with 6 tables)
- Server Test Tool - a script to check your current server settings against PAD-Site-Scripts requirements.
- URL Heads Retriever - a script to retrieve HTTP Heads for current URL, follows up to 2 redirects.
If you have any questions regarding PAD Site Scripts, feel free to via email, we will do our best to help you.
PAD, PADGen, and PADKit are registered trademarks of ASP (Association of Software Professionals).
PHP is a registered trademark of PHP project group.